What’s Showing Today? Thursday, August 27
Click venue names for ticket info & directions
- Panic in Year Zero! (Ray Milland). Details. 35mm. 1962. 92 min. 7:00 pm.
- The Time Travelers (Ib Melchior). Details. 35mm. 1964. 82 min. 9:00 pm.
- George & Mike Kuchar. Details. 16mm. 1957-1963. 95 min. 7:30 pm.
- Chameleon Street (Wendell B. Harris, Jr.). Details. HDCAM. 1989. 94 min. 7:00 pm.
- The Iron Ministry. Details. 2014. 82 min. 7:00 pm.
- Laura (Otto Preminger). Details. 1944. 88 min. 7:30 pm.
- Stockholmsnatt (Staffan Hildebrand). Details. Digital Video. 1987. 45 min. 7:30 pm.
- God Told Me To. Details. Digital Video. 1976. 91 min. 10:00 pm.
Fresh Dressed (Sacha Jenkins) at Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement House. Details. Director Sacha Jenkins, style legend Dapper Dan and author Elena Romero in attendance. 2015. 90 min. 7:00 pm.
Changdigarh is in India at Light Industry. Details. Work by Yash Chaudhary/Films Division, Alain Tanner & John Berger, Martin Wallace/Channel 4, Surabhi Sharma, and Nalini Malani. Curated by Shanay Jhaveri. 7:30 pm.
Kevin Geeks Out: Lady Robots at Nitehawk Cinema. Details. Tom Blunt, Cici James, Seth Porges, Jenn Northington, Kristanna Loken, and Ariel Italic in attendance. 9:30 pm.
Army of Shadows (Jean-Pierre Melville) at Film Forum. Details. DCP. 1969. 145 min. 12:30, 3:20, 6:45 and 9:30 pm.
Listen to Me Marlon (Stevan Riley) at Film Forum. Details. 2015. 100 min. 12:30, 2:50, 5:10, 7:30, and 9:45 pm.
Queen of Earth (Alex Ross Perry) at Film Society of Lincoln Center. Details. Q&A with Alex Ross Perry & Elizabeth Moss. DCP. 2015. 90 min. 7:00 pm.
The Mend (John Magary) at IFC Center. Details. DCP. 2014. 111 min. 12:35, 3:00, 7:45, and 10:10 pm.
- “¡Presente! The Young Lords in New York” at The Bronx Museum. Free admission. Open Thursday-Sunday. Closes October 18.
- Wael Shawky “Cabaret Crusades” at MoMA PS1, Long Island City, Queens. $10 general/$5 students & seniors/under 16 free. By donation on Mondays. Closed Tuesday/Wednesday. Closes August 31.
- Jos de Gruyter & Harald Thys “Fine Arts” at MoMA PS1, Long Island City, Queens. $10 general/$5 students & seniors/under 16 free. By donation on Mondays. Closed Tuesday/Wednesday. Closes August 31.
- Halil Altindere “Wonderland” at MoMA PS1, Long Island City, Queens. $10 general/$5 students & seniors/under 16 free. By donation on Mondays. Closed Tuesday/Wednesday. Closes August 31.
- View all exhibitions at Museum of the Moving Image, Astoria, Queens. $12 general/$9 students and seniors/$6 ages 3 to 18. Free admission Friday 4-8 pm. Closed Monday.
- “Revolution of the Eye: Modern Art and the Birth of American Television” at The Jewish Museum, Upper East Side. $15 general/$12 seniors/$7.50 students. By donation Thursdays 5:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday (Limited Viewing). Closed Wednesday. Closes September 27.
- Peephole Cinema: Spacetime Singularities at UnionDocs, 322 Union Avenue. Work by Bradley Eros, Sarah Halpern, and Andrew Lampert. Ends September 17.